Bransford House is a handsome detached Grade II listed family home standing in private gardens and grounds on the banks of the River Teme.
Originally dating from the early 19th century, the symmetrical red brick house provides accommodation over two storeys, plus a loft conversion master suite. Accommodation includes; three receptions, dining kitchen, utility/boot room. six double bedrooms, master ensuite, and main bathroom. There is also cellars, garaging, and a former mill requiring attention, private gardens to the front and rear, river frontage to the rear on the River Teme as well as views of the Malvern hills to the fore.
The property whilst having benefitted from improvements by the current owners still offers huge scope and potential for further improvement to a high quality family home within a few miles of both Great Malvern and Worcester.
• A fine grade II listed country home near Bransford between Worcester and Malvern.
• Front portico entrance into the central reception hall with its fine staircase.
• The principal reception rooms are both dual aspect with dual aspect large sash windows and feature fireplaces, overlook the fore gardens
• The master bedroom suite on the second floor is an impressive space with dressing area and en- suite shower room. There are five further bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor.
• The house is approached via a sweeping gravelled driveway to a parking area and garaging at the rear and turning area at the front of the house.
• Double garage found at the rear of the property.
•There are two terraces, on two sides of the house providing outdoor dining and entertaining space. The gardens extend to around 1.13 acres and is mainly level lawn with shrub borders and mature hedges. There is river frontage to rear section of the garden.
• Level lawned gardens at the front and the rear with a high degree of privacy, plus direct access to the river at the rear.
• Views of the Malvern Hills to the front and the River Teme to the rear.
• Grade II listed old Snuff Mill, known as Bransford Mill - an attractive yet now sadly dilapidated detached period building set off the drive, it is in need of repair and previously had planning consent for conversion to residential accommodation, providing more space ancillary to the main house if needed with scope for a host of potential uses.
• Bransford is a small hamlet in a beautiful part of Worcestershire on the banks of the River Teme.
• The Malvern Hills, an area of outstanding natural beauty, are the dominant feature of the landscape. Malvern is also a thriving cultural centre with a renowned theatre and cinema. There are excellent shopping facilities, a Waitrose superstore in the town centre and a wide range of independent retailers on a busy high street.
• More comprehensive facilities can be found in the Cathedral City of Worcester, which caters for most needs. There are extensive shopping and recreational facilities including professional rugby at Sixways, County cricket in the setting of Worcester Cathedral and horse racing on the banks of the River Severn.
• There is excellent schooling from both the private and state sectors including The Royal Grammar School and Kings School Worcester, renowned prep schools in nearby Colwall, and the Malvern Colleges.
• Central Worcester 4 miles, Malvern 4 miles, M5 (J7) 5 miles
• Trains run from Worcester and Malvern direct to Birmingham and London. Motorway access is via junction 7 of the M5 just 5 miles away.
• TENURE: We understand the property to be Freehold but this point should be confirmed by your solicitor.
• FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: Only those items referred to in these particulars are included in the sale price. Other items, such as carpets and curtains, may be available by separate arrangement.
• SERVICES: Mains electricity and water connected. Oil fired central heating and private drainage. Please note that we have not tested any services or appliances and their inclusion in these particulars should not be taken as a warranty.
• OUTGOINGS: Local Council: Malvern Hills District Council; at the time of marketing the Council Tax Band is: TBC
• ENERGY PERFORMANCE RATINGS: EXEMPT
• SCHOOLS INFORMATION: Local Education Authority: Worcestershire LA: 01905 822700
Asking Price - Offers in excess of £700,000
• Viewing is by appointment only.
• Virtual tours of inside and outside are found on website and property portals.
• For viewing arrangement, please call the Great Malvern office on 01684 561411.
From Malvern take the A4103 Hereford Road towards Worcester. Turn right immediately before The Fox public house and follow the road around to the right and the driveway to Bransford House will be found on the left hand side after a short distance.